Last date for
• Issuing advertisement thro news paper 20.08.2010
• Recipt of application 05.10.2010
• Written exam 14.11.2010
• Declaration of Final Result 16.12.2010
NEW DELHI: Global money transfer and banking operations of the country's postal department are being scanned by the Enforcement Directorate and other agencies for suspected terror-financing and Hawala-like transactions.
At present, there are no other official channels, besides the pure banking route, to transfer or receive money from abroad.
The Department of Posts had started this service in association with US-based Western Union Financial Services in April 2001 and customers can send or receive money from 205 countries.
According to top Finance Ministry sources, the ED and the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) -- an agency to monitor suspect financing in Indian financial channels -- have initiated steps to check the remittances and transactions on the wires on a "real time basis".
In 2008-09, the 'India Post' had delivered remittances to the tune of more than Rs 7,649 crore.
While the ED has asked 'India Post' to keep a check on all "kinds of transactions" and inform it of suspect transactions, the FIU has asked the service provider to strictly comply with the reporting norms.
Under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), all banking entities or financial intermediaries who facilitate telegraphic or wire transfers or electronic remittances have to report the nature and value of the transactions to the FIU.
"Also, the banking operations conducted by the India Post have been largely unregulated. There are many small accounts with a lot of money. The enforcement agencies are now tracking the remittances and withdrawals," a source said.
The international money transfer service is currently available from 8,511 post offices.
Enforcement agencies believe that this step to monitor India Post network would help them track down suspect financial transactions and further share it with internatioanl agencies to combat money laundering and financing of terror.
Prepare for the massive strike from 13th July 2010 – Our tasks
1. Contact each and every worker in your office and convince him about the inevitability of the struggle.
2. Hold gate meetings, lunch hour meetings, meetings of active workers, General body meetings, joint meetings to explain in detail about the charter of demands and that every possible attempt was made to parley to reach an amicable settlement but resulted in vain.
3. Filling up of the vacant posts, shortage of staff, consideration of cadre review proposals, full fledged staff to project arrow offices revival of negotiations forums are the basic demands in which no compromise could be arrived. There will be no compromise on policy issues to save postal and RMS.
4. Maximum mobilization and massive action alone can compel the Govt to concede our basic demands.
DON’T THINK THAT THERE WILL BE NEGOTIATIONS AND STRIKE MAY NOT TAKE PLACE .THE SITUATION IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. THERE IS NO POSITIVE EFFORTS TO SORT OUT THE ISSUES IN THE ACTION TAKEN STATEMENT SENT BY THE DEPARTMENT.
THIRTEENTH JULY 2010 WILL DAWN WITH THICKNESS IN THE AIRAND WARMTH IN THE EARTH.THE SPIRIT OF DEFIANCE, DETERMINATION AND THE DEPTH OF THE FEELINGS OF THE WORKERS WILL UNLEASH ITSELF WITH FORCE AND FIRMNESS AND IN FULL STRENGTH.
LET ALL REFUSE OUR LABOUR TO THE EMPLOYER TILL OUR GENUINE DEMANDS ARE MITIGATED
BE PREPARED. MOBILSE ONE AND ALL. MAKE THE GOVT TO COME DOWN AND SETTLE OUR DEMANDS.
The All India Consumer Price Index number for (Industrial Workers) (Base 2001=100) for the month of April 2010 is 170 as announced by Statistics Department, Labour, Government of India.
Based on this index, DA calculation is as under. Present DA rate from 1.1.2010 is 35%. So far there is an increase of 7%. If the index remains 170 there will be an increase of 9%.
|Month||All India Index||% of increase|