ONE DAY STRIKE ON 12.12.2012
DEMANDING TO FORM SEVENTH PAY COMMISSION
SAVE POSTAL FROM CORPORTISATION/PRIVATISATION
D.A. MERGER &FIVE PROMOTIONS
ORGANISE, PREPARE AND UNITE FOR THE MASSIVE MOBILIZATION OF MAXIMUM WORKERS AND
DEMONSTRATION OF THAT MIGHTY, MILITANT STRENGTH OF THE POSTAL WORKING CLASS
The success of any agitation depends on the organizational preparedness and inherent strength.
Ours is a struggle for OUR OWN RIGHTS and save the Postal as Govt service from the proposed move under the revised postal policy and introduction of Public private Partnership by unbundling the Govt monopoly for providing a level playing field for couriers and private operators in the communication sectors. Ours is a struggle for wage revision and formation of the Seventh Pay Commission. Ours is a struggle for the minimum grant of five promotions.
Unity is the need of the hour. Unite all ranks and make the struggle a success. Prepare for One Day Strike on 12.12.12.
1. Contact each and every worker in your office and convince him about the inevitability of the struggle. The notice board should be displayed with all Circulars and all these materials every day. Also circulate the same to each and every worker individually the extent possible.
2. Hold corner meetings, gate meetings, meeting of the active workers, General body meetings, working committee meetings, activist meetings as often as possible for campaigning and to explain in detail about the importance of the charter of demands and the need for formation of the Seventh Pay Commission.
3. Elect an Action Committee which may consist of 50% of the office bearers and 50% activists and elders for individual campaigning and canvassing among the members.
4. Participate in all Meetings of coordinating bodies under the banner of the Confederation of CG employees. Have better coordination with other CG Organisations of Confederation.
5. Exhort the members to join the rally, Joint meetings, Gate meetings, demonstrations etc in large number along with the other affiliates of the Confederation of CG employees.
6. Hold informal Lunch hour meetings in canteens, Recreation clubs, maidans and lawns every day and appraise all about day to day developments which are readily available in the web sites of NFPE and our CHQ and appeal for maximum mobilization. Translate the demands and justification as printed in the Bhartiya Post October 2012 issue and circulate to all in regional languages.
7. Ensure that everyone in your unit or office has been approached and talked to, to participate in the one day strike appraising them that this is the last form of protest demanding immediate formation of the Seventh Pay Commission.
8. Action Committee should evolve methods to ensure that 100% of the members are participating in the strike. Maximum mobilization and massive action alone can compel the Govt to concede our demands.
9. Caution and Care should be exercised in all matters and it should be ensured that the machinery of the Action Committee is in readiness fully prepared to meet any situation that may arise.
10. Above all maintain Unity and discipline at all levels .Unity is the need of the hour.
THE BUGLE HAS BEEN SOUNDED.
THE CLARION CALL HAS BEEN ISSUED.
The Nail must be hit on the head not at the bottom end.
By showing our full strength with full mobilization,
we can save the Postal Service as Public service.
The pertinent question before us is nothing other than the following.
Are we being driven to the brink or to the wall?
Have we not reached the end of the Tether?
Has the last straw been loaded on the camel?
Shall we not rise like a Tempest, Tidal wave or Tornado?