SO FAR VISITED

SO FAR VISITIED
please visit postalguide100.blogspot.in - Solved question Paper IPO 2012 Paper III and model question papers for various examination

Monday, November 15, 2010

Question No 43

Please may I have a few oranges. - I would like a small number of oranges.
Please may I have some oranges. - I would like a number of oranges.
Please may I have little oranges. - I would like oranges that are small in size.
Please may I have less oranges. - You have offered me too many oranges, I would like a smaller amount.
(note no comma after please)

I see no real difference between 'a few' and 'some'. Possibly 'a few' emphasizes that you do not want many. You might expect to receive more oranges if you ask for 'some'.

1 comment:

  1. it depends on the person who ask
    so i think the two answers should be given mark...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...